A trade unionist from the day he started work, Roger has been an activist, organiser and the first Black UNISON Assistant General Secretary. If elected he will be UNISON’s first Black General Secretary.
Roger’s pledges include:
- Making UNISON more member focused, more visible in your workplace, more member led, and more responsive
- Training 100,000 activists
- More branch staff providing advice and support to members especially those in the community and voluntary sectors, who need additional advice.
- A review of pay campaign strategies
- Focus on standing against all discrimination
- Increased involvement of young and retired members