What is a Union Learning Representative?
Union learning representatives promote lifelong learning in the branch and the workplace. You may have experience of adult learning or want to develop learning in your workplace.
What do Union Learning Representatives do?
- Raise awareness of lifelong learning issues
- offer encouragement to learners
- help facilitate learning and access to UNISON courses
- work with your employer to promote and expand workplace learning
- Consider what courses you could help organise and provide for UNISON members such as ESOL, coping with stress or even exercise classes!
How to become a Union Learning Rep:
You do not need to be lected to this position, but you will need to be ratified by the branch and complete the relevant notification papers. Please contact the branch so we can ensure you are provided with the appropriate training.