Be Active. Be Organised. Become a Steward
Stewards are activists from a workplace who are the building blocks of the union. They are democratically elected and represent, organise and recruit members in their workplace. Only an organised activist base supported by members can deliver justice at work, improvements in terms and conditions, and can act effectively as an advocate for ordinary workers in their workplace.
- The principal advocates for justice in their workplace
- Offered high-quality training in the role by UNISON
- Supported by Branch Staff in their role
- Encouraged to develop local networks with other UNISON activists in order to improve organisation within the workplace.
- Offered time off to perform their duties in employers where UNISON holds a recognition agreement with the employer
- Encouraged to participate within UNISON’s democratic structures at a local, regional and national level.
- Offered support and developmental training in supporting the recruitment and organising of members within their workplace
If you’re interested in finding out more about becoming a steward then please contact the branch on via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and or via phone on 020 7729 4001.
The branch is also actively seeking volunteers to act as: