Need Advice

UNISON CVO branch will be able to arrange for the provision of advice and representation, should you experience any problems at work. Such issues may include; being subject to a disciplinary hearing, experiencing bullying or discrimination,redundancy, TUPE, changes to Terms and Conditions.

If you are in need of assistance, please read our terms and condition of service before emailing us at or calling us on 0207 729 4001

CVO Branch Guide to Representation and Advice

For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions

UNISON Rulebook 2017

If you need help and are a member of UNISON CVO Branch then you should first of all talk to your local union representative. If you do not know who this is call the branch office on 020 7729 4001 or you can call UNISON direct on 0800 0857 857.

Local stewards are there to represent you at work and help find the answers to your problems. They are volunteers and play a vital role in recruiting new members and organising your workplace. If you have a problem, talk to your local steward. If they can’t handle the problem on their own, they can talk to the branch case worker or other branch officers on your behalf.

If there is no UNISON steward in your workplace contact the branch office we will take down your details and arrange for advice. If you need representation then one of our branch case workers will assist you. However you must have four weeks paid up membership before the branch will provide representation or legal advice. Please be advised that we cannot deal with issues that predate your membership.

Anyone can face problems at work but if you are a member of UNISON, you don’t have to face them alone. We can provide advice or representation on issues such as pay, flexible working, and sickness procedures. We are also there to help you make sure your workplace is healthy and safe, support you in case of disciplinary action, dismissals or redundancy.

If you have had an accident or injury at work then call UNISON’S Accident Help Line on 0800 0857 857 who will take down your details and refer you to a UNISON solicitor. Thompsons solicitors is the most experienced personal injury firm in the UK. As a UNISON member your family can also have free legal advice on personal injury claims.

UNISON members are entitled to free inital legal advice on non work related issues, to low cost conveyancing and a free will service just call UNISON Direct 0800 0857 857.