What is an Equality Representative?
You will work with other representatives to make workplaces fairer by promoting respect and dignity at work. Equality is at the heart of everything UNISON does because:
- Many of us face discrimination and unfairness at work
- Equality matters to every one of us
- equality is not a minority issue or an optional extra
Find out more about equalities here
What do Equality Reps do?
Being an equality rep gives you the chance to work with other UNISON members who believe in fairness at work.
Your role would include:
- Improving equality policies and agreements
- finding out about good practise
- promoting equality in the workplaces
- keeping up to date with current legislation
- making a difference in your workplace
How to become an Equality Rep:
If you would like to become an equality rep, please get in contact with the branch. We can ensure that you recieve appropriate training and mailings as well as all the support and guidance you need.